My Latest Projects

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What Happened to Me?

When I started blogging back in 2004 on the AOL blog, I wrote a whole bunch of random thoughts and daily activities down. Those posts seemed to be a little more interesting than these one sentence posts with a picture. So I will make it a goal to make my posts a little bit more interesting, lol!

This morning started as usual. The alarm goes off at 7am, I hit the snooze button twice. Then I figure that I better get up because the school is CrAzY for giving tardies for only being 1 minute late even. THEN they have the nerve to count it as a real LATE and that goes on Hinter's record as being late! I mean LATE is more like 10 minutes for a record.

I get Hunter up and dress him myself because he is just as much of a morning person as I am. NOT! I ask him what he wants for breakfast. I WAS a toaster strudle for about 2 months straight but now he has changed his mind and doesn't like them anymore. So I have 3 boxes of them in my freezer. Today he had a smoothie (I usually am not in the mood nor do I usually have time to make them on a school morning)and lucky charms, with milk. I am surprised he asked for milk in his cereal today because he usually doesn't want any at all!

Since I still do not have a car and haven't had one since we sold our last year before we moved from CA, we hop on our bikes and ride to school. With 7 minutes to go until the bell rings, Hunter is safe and sound inside of the school. I ride home and get the usual looks from the other parents in their cars. One can only imagine what they are thinking. Either oh, that poor woman, she doesn't have a car and always has to ride her bike to school even if it's pouring rain out! OR WOW, that woman is SO dedicated to exercising on her bicycle every morning! I sure wish that I had her dedication! LOL!!! The best thing about riding your bike to school on rainy or frosty mornings is taking a corner too fast and falling down right in front of the line of parents in their cars waiting to drop off their children!

I was in the habit of going back to sleep as soon as I got home, but the past month I have been hopping right onto the computer. Today I got on, did the usual, checked my email, my message board, my layout gallery and to see if any of my friends have made any fun posts on their blogs. After that I decided that I was going to digi scrap my 2004 year and review album. I am using a kit from TLC called "Photobooth Fun" You can find it on my TLC website http://www.topline-creations.com/kreativekarma It is a simple kit and really usues a TON of photos. As of now, I am done 28 pages worth of photos but now I am going back and adding some journaling (which has never been my forte) and also a few embellishments, since this kit is just made of photos.

2pm comes along, while I am on the computer I like to have the tv on, that way I don't have to watch my shows that I TIVO'ed at noght until all hours of the night anymore.(Used to do that) So, 2pm I watch Little House on the Prairie. Yeah, I know, I'm funny... but there is something about those shows that I love. Kind of like how I have seen Anne of Green Gables a million times. Speaking of AoGG, have you seen the 3rd installment? Kinda strange... go check it out here. Back to LHOTP - it was the one where Walnut Grove goes out of business because of the railway so they have to move to the city. It is pretty emotional... but this is also the one whereMary (now blind) goes to teach at the school for the blind and Laura meets Albert for the first time, hehehe!

So, instead of geting Hunter some dinner, because NOW it's 5:25 I am sitting here typing because I feel like it. Tonight Hunter has AWANA. He is working on memorizing the books of the bible. We are doing it by listening to a silly song. Hear it here.

I will post that 2004 album when I get it done! TTFN!

P.S. Hunter got 2 hamsters last week... we adopted them actually... will write more about them later... in the meantime, here is a picture!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I hope you start making more post like this! i love knowing what you have been doing.
If it were me passing you each morning I would be thinking wow she is dedicated and I should drag myself out of bed earlier and do the same each morning. You are such a good Mom, Hunter will always remember those mornings.
HUGS,
Sunny