My Latest Projects

Friday, May 11, 2007

Family Updates...

Hello Friends!

I just wanted to post to let you know of some updates, praises, and prayer requests!

Hunter - He is doing great! I am so glad and sad at the same time that school is ending in a few weeks! Hunter is looking forward to graduating from the 1st grade and going into the 2nd. He said to me the other day, "Mommy, I'm so happy to be graduating then I won't be going to this school anymore!" I asked him why he wouldn't be going to that school anymore and that 2nd grade was going to be there. He didn't understand there for a minute that he doesn't go to a different school every time he graduates from a year. LOL! He is excited that our community pools have opened this week and I am sure we will be spending most of he summer in the pool!

This summer, Hunter will be going to camp! He will be gone for a few days. He LOVES the outdoors and outdoor activities, so I am sure it will be a big hit!

Karma (Me) - My website designing business has been going very well, in fact I am a little backed up with work on that! So that is cool! My scrapbooking business is going fine, but the big news there is that I have been hired to be a digital designer for Top Line Creations! This means I will design digital papers, and elements and page kits for those who are addicted to scrapbooking on their computer! It is all the rage right now! So I am super excited about that. I will be going to the convention this July and will be presented as a new designer for the company. This is a huge honor!

Our church had an audition for Praise (Worship) Team members a few weeks ago. The judges were from a different church and are well known voice teachers/clinicians, around here. I tell ya, it was the longest audition I have ever been through! Anyway, I am happy to say that I am once again singing for the Lord on our praise team there as well as in the choir. I was one of only two picked from the whole group who auditioned, so that is a huge honor again. While my mom was here last month, I sang a solo at church and my mom was so happy! The Lord has really blessed us with this church!

David - David is a hard worker as you all know, as well as an amazing man! David is now playing the keyboard at the church (like he could get away from not playing anything, haha) He is really enjoying that and using the different sounds on the keyboard to really make the music that much special. He is also playing the piano for the men's Saturday morning breakfasts too.

Along with working with me on our website development business, David has been working at Excel Communications since we got here last June. Can you believe is has almost been a year since we have been gone? Well, yesterday, David was let go from his job. They were restructuring the company for the 3rd time in the last year and they let 10 IT people go yesterday. So, even though I could tell that he was rehearsing what he was going to say to me when he got home at 11am yesterday, I felt calm and I am not worried at all. The Lord will provide for us just the same as he has this whole year! David is out right now at his head hunters office and there are many DBA jobs that are in the area. He may even be able to make more with a new job now. Please pray for him as I know he would appreciate that!

Thanks for continuing to be our friends and having a place in our hearts!

2 comments:

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Sounds like everyone is busy busy busy! Congrats on your TLC digi designer gig. How thrilling.

My meatball recipe.......LOL
1. Buy a bag of homestyle meatballs
2. Buy 3 bottles of Yoshidas Teriyaki sauce
3. Dump all in crockpot.....cook on high for several hours. Done.
:)

Sunny said...

I love the update. It is so great to know how everyone is. What a great husband you have and I will your family in our prayers I know the Lord will also take good care of your family. Keep us posted.

SO I tried calling you last night...I am so so so happy for you and your TLC congrats!!!! I hope you are making plans to spend some time with me when you come to Utah and I would love to be there to cheer for you when you are rewarded!! Kinda sad that this will be the first summer in years I have not got to spend with my sistas.
Love ya...call me...or you know I will be calling back soon!
Sunny